Extend the range of your DJI Mavic using FCC mode + boost
DJI Mavic Pro, Air, Spark, DJI Inspire 2 & probably other models use a weaker signal in certain countries.
0.09W - UK
0.4W - USA
1.5W - what is capable with this tweak
What is known as “FCC mode” is used in the USA and this is the strogest signal by default.
Here are some quick instructions on how to force FCC mode + boost. (iOS only)
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Download the most recent patched version of DJI Go for iOS
- Drag and drop the patched app to Cydia Impactor, connect your iOS device to your computer and Cydia Impactor will install the app
- Download the tweak
- Use iTunes to drag and drop Tweak.js and FridaGadget.config into the DJI Go app using iTunes File sharing
- Launch the app on your iOS device, it will ask you to configure the tweak, configure it to your liking
- Connect to your drone, close the app (don’t force quit, just minimise it), reopen, and you will be prompted to change your Wi-Fi frequency settings as per your country